11/2/10

lesson plans

kindergarten

Grad school seems to be giving me a little bit of a break now that mid terms are over.

I had to teach a spur of the moment lesson to a Kindergarten class at my student teaching practice a couple of weeks ago. Teaching requires much more improv abilities than I thought. The project was a giant collaborative drawing of a "Jungle of our favorite animals". The image is just one of my favorite sections from the larger piece. I also taught a printmaking lesson to a class of 2nd graders for my field observation. The outcomes were really great. It was rewarding seeing children experimenting with materials. All the children have been really responsive to the lessons I create for them. One of the boys, Brian, age 6, drew me a detailed (and even shaded!) picture of a pumpkin, knowing that I love Halloween. "To Ms. Paleprmo From: Brian". It has been fun so far, especially when they are excited and motivated.

Here are some images from my Halloween...

DSC_0054DSC_0071DSC_0063DSC_0077
Steve Albini, Big Black with a moshing pumpkin, Endless Mike, and Jurassic Park...respectively.

Images of book concepts I have been working on soon to come...