3/9/12

Ears

I've been making a lot of work in my studio classes lately. I've also, subsequently, been slacking off on writing my thesis. Here are some pieces that wound up making a nice little series. I drew a lot of portraits of people's ears in the past months and found them extremely alien-looking and fascinating. I even started finding them a little gross after staring at them and thinking about them for so long. I had to stop. I am moving on to other things. I am keeping the hearing theme going in metals and making a double ear trumpet head piece that will distort sound for the wearer in disorienting ways. For printmaking, I am making a series of prints that are tediously hand drawn weaving patterns. I am currently working on a twill. I will then make an even bigger plate with a plain weave pattern. Both are intaglio on copper and zinc, respectively.

healthyearsidev2

healthyear

Healthy

diseasedearside

diseasedear

Sick

Ears

Ear Portraits

Ear

Dog ear

Expect more new work in a couple of weeks.