6/4/11

garden

Ever since the semester ended, I have been taking it easy. As a part of the mental break, I decided to step down from the fine art and art education cloud to get dirty and grounded. Here are some images of my seedlings. Zucchinilings, Greenbeanlings, Basilings, and Cornlings. I also have parsley, but it hasn't emerged yet. They are really beautiful, aren't they?

greenbeanlings

greenbeanlings2

Beans

zuccinilings

Zuccs

cornlings3

cornlingss2

cornling

Corns

basillings

Basil

Parsley...coming soon.

Also, I finally went to see the Sheila Hicks retrospective at ICA yesterday. I spent a great deal of time there. It was truly inspirational seeing May I Have This Dance? in person, finally. (The picture really doesn't do it justice.) I loved seeing her little notebook with her hand scribbled question, "How does one bring four geese on a train?", with an accompanying illustration of tiny geese heads popping out of a woven form. Hilarious! I think I need to pull out my table loom now that the move-in is completely over. Thank you, Sheila.