9/8/10

foster innovation and creativity

This past month has been extremely hectic. I've started my graduate studies and I already have more things to do than I have time to do them. I've been studying non-stop for Praxis tests and devoting myself to my teaching field experience. I attended a back to school teacher's meeting. I was intimidated being the youngest person in the room. Luckily, my cooperating teacher is super.

All this and it is no surprise I haven't really been making large pieces lately. The extent of my art making consists of quick gesture sketches of friends, family, and animals on things like paper plates, receipts, and wrappers. These are desperate times.

I am, however, taking a graduate book arts concept studio class this semester. I am very excited for that. It'll be picking up where I left off in undergraduate fine arts studies more or less.

The next two years are going to be challenging and a real test of my values, integrity, and efficiency.

Time to be a professional.

Also ... I went to Montreal as a last minute summer vacation trip before school started. I loved it there. It is everything I like about city living. All I need to do is get on learning french and I'm there.

DSC_0057

Back to work.